Holy Rosary Church

Leelanau County, Michigan

Holy Rosary Church was built in 1923 to serve a Polish community in beautiful rural Leelanau County, Michigan. Despite difficult economic times almost 100 years later, the small community raised the money needed to provide the best materials for the exterior restoration: slate and copper.

Standing amid some of the most beautiful rolling hills of Northern Michigan, the natural qualities of stone and metal – slate and copper, fit the landscape perfectly. These materials will protect this historic structure for generations, and will become more beautiful as they age.